Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tabula rasa

  I don't like being put in a position where I am basically begging.  Part of the reason why I haven't really been blogging in a while.  I've found myself looking for opportunity instead of creating my own.

I was teased with the prospect of what crowd-funding might bring, and although I knew it was a possibility nothing would happen, I was pushed to hoping something would due to my current situation.

Money's been tight, work has been slow, and for a while there things weren't looking good. Mainly because I chose to look through helpless eyes.

I chose to.  My choice. My situation, my responsibility and no one else's.

My situation is of my own creation. Yes, maybe some things may have happened that I have no control over, but in the end you do have full control of how you react to those situations.  I chose to react with despair. Why? Because that's what human's need to do every once in a while. When you get knocked down, you have to pause for a second while you're on the ground, really look at your situation, feel it out, so when you rise, you have a better understanding of what you're rising for.

Things are better. Although much of my situation is not resolved, there is hope, but there's always hope.  I can't rely on hope.  I can only rely on me, and what I'M capable of doing, if I get help along the way, or if certain opportunities make themselves available, then great, but I still have to rely on what I can do, and with what I've got.

I've often blogged about doing the best with what you can. But in all honesty, I have to aim hire than that. I have to do something amazing with what I have. That way if I miss the target slightly I'll at least have something at a higher level.

One pledge today (Thank You Marcellus).  I'm working on one editing job that may lead to more, but again, I can't hold my breath on it. And I'm working towards putting together Monster Cops on DVD, getting it out to screenings, as well as working on a new project which I can hopefully get out to audiences later this year.

Re-focused on what I need to do. Want to help? There are a number of things you can do.

Of course, we would love your pledge. New perks, including a DVD's, T-Shirts, as well as ways to actually participate in episodes.  Click here and check it out:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Monster-Cops-The-Series

You can also help spread the link around. Tell everyone you know about Monster Cops. Get folks to check out the site http://monstercops.com

Also, the entire episode MONSTERS Vs. COPS, is up at Big Star's Short Film Contest. Please visit the link, give us a high rating (you'll be directed to register, but it doesn't take long) then please forward it to everyone.
http://www.bigstar.tv/film-contest/mockumentary-2009/3132

No comments:

Post a Comment

.