Sunday, May 6, 2007

Holy Crap!

It's been alot of hurry up and wait trying to get through the details of putting this little indie film on DVD. And after trying to get the DVD cover design just right, deciding on the disc graphic, proof reading the hell out of everything, double and triple checking the disc, sending off to CUSTOMFLIX, and then awaiting the proof copy for my approval, FINALLY, we are on DVD.

Got the proof copy yesterday, a week late, but I'm not complaining, I'm just so excited to have my work more widely available to the public. Woke up just in time to see the FedEx truck guy pull up. Met him outside where he gleefully handed me the package. The sun was shining, rainbows formed over head, and a blue bird sat on my shoulder as I accepted the package. It felt good, that package. Nice and firm. A real feeling of excitement and satisfaction holding that package. This is sounding bad isn't it? Mr. Blue Bird flew away as I headed inside. Lemme tell ya, was I excited. I almost didn't want to open it just to prolong the excitement. I love getting mail anyhow, and this was just quintuple all that. Tore into it to find what I've been dying to see.

Understand I designed the cover and the disc design, the menu, the disc layout, etc. I give them the files and master disc, they make the entire packaging happen. Once they make it happen they send me the proof, which is exactly what the customer will recieve when they order it. So not only do I get to finally see the movie I've been busting my ass on for years now reach the next level, but I also get to see what was once just files on my computer, turned into a full professional package, as well as experience what the customer will experience, though I doubt any of you who may purchase my movie will be jumping up and down in your kitchen doing old school Arsenio Hall dog barking noises and gestures, as I was doing yesterday.

I'M A DORK!!!!
HELL YEAH!!!

Lemme tell ya, Customflix is a dream come true for us DIY, Indie Moviemakers. Through them our movie will be listed on IMDB, it's going to available through Amazon.com in a few weeks, it'll be available for download to your home computer, through your XBOX, or if you have a TIVO. Thanks to Customflix for all that, and also without them the following pics would not be possible.

Ooooh, spine labeling, SEXY!
:D

That's right bitches, a REAL LIFE BARCODE!
:)

No crappy computer printed sticker labels here!
Uh!  Take that!

Check out one of the ad banners, which I'm sure you have, if you're on my Myspace. Yes, that's right, a dollar from every DVD sold goes to a Cancer Charity as per our mission to create and heal!


More dorkiness.
DORK!!!!

And now all we have to do is tell the world about it. So there is much much much much work to be done.

Do me favor, and tell everyone you know about it. Check out our site MONSTERCOPS.COM, to see all the trailers and clips, and decide for yourself if you'd like to get a DVD copy of our little Comedy Horror flick. Fair warning though, it's actually more of a Comedy. But it's funny as hell.

Pardon me, I have to go tell the world about it now.

Ahem.... scuse me, um... world?


No comments:

Post a Comment

.