Friday, February 4, 2011

A Nice Pace

Monday I posted about 800 views on YouTube for our Red Riding Hood Action Horror Short.

As I've just checked it, it is now at 9,572 views.

Not bad. And we seem to be gaining views at a nice pace.

And what's great is I'm actually applying alot of what I've learned about Viral Marketing to get more views, and each time I do, I can actually see those views come in.  But to reach 9,572 views since Tuesday, that's a pace I just wasn't expecting. The video has been up for 2 weeks, and we're close to 10,000 views.  I've never had a video reach 10,000 views that fast.  So let's hope the viewers keep coming in, and not only that, but they remember what they see, this will all help with the overall marketing of the movie.

Seems to be helping already. The REDD Facebook Page had only 80 likes just a few weeks ago. Now we're at 135 likes.  Again, not bad.

I'm really beginning to see the potential here, and how it all works together into actually making and marketing the full feature film.  I'm excited to go further with this.  Thankfully I'm feeling better. I was sick, then got better, then relapsed, and now I'm slowly getting better again.

Been hacking away at re-writes for the feature film.  Been trying to streamline it, make sure we're going to make a quality movie, and not spend too much money.  I'm so very excited to make this movie and get it out there for people to see. It's going to be fun and unique.

Of course the next step is to create the full concept trailer. Which I'm hoping to get back on next week, depending on my schedule. Still gotta work and try to get some money in.  With the Concept trailer we will explain the full plot, and what you can expect from the feature film.  I may very well cut together a pitch trailer, with me explaining the plot, just so I can get the online fundraising going.  I'm anxious to start up the kickstarter and start fundraising the first round of money. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you the of the best! Popped on to YouTube, it's now: 20,084!! YEAH! FB likes are 155 =) I'm getting excited!!!!!!

    Take care!
    ~ E

    ReplyDelete

.