Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's Everything I Stand For


It's a bold statement, for sure, but it's what I thought of when I saw this poster for an upcoming event at The Dryden Theatre. Fred Dekker (Director of Monster Squad and Night Of The Creeps) and Tom Atkins (Star of Night Of The Creeps, Halloween III, as well as several other movies) will be at this double feature. Wish I could be there.

Saw this poster designed by Jason Edminston and I was just blown away. Ok so maybe it doesn't stand for everything that I stand for, but it does fully encompass and pay tribute to two movies that heavily influenced me. I can't even begin to describe how much I absolutely love these two movies, and how much they inspired so much of what I want to create.

We're not just talking about low budget horror flicks here. What set these movies apart from most within the B-Movie Genre is the charming and lovable characters to go along with the action, and the heart to go along with the horror. To top it off, these movies were the epitome of fun. And in the end, that's all I ever wanted. To have fun.

Here's the other awesome poster that pays tribute to Tom Atkins.

SEASON OF THE FOG by James Rheem Davis. Great tribute to Atkins and the two movies Halloween III: Season Of The Witch and John Carpenter's THE FOG.

Season Of The Witch was dogged alot when I was growing up, mainly because die hard Halloween fans were disappointed in a storyline that didn't have much to do with Michael Myers, but in all honesty it's a fairly creepy movie. And as for The Fog, I model alot of my kind of scariness in my movies after those eerie Pirates in that movie, especially in my next couple of features.

Wish I could be there. But if you can make it out to Rochester, NY this Friday July 16th, then by all means, have a blast on my behalf.

Thank God for FRIGHT RAGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.