Friday, April 11, 2008

welcome to the wild west, I'm a gunslinger, and you're not.

You can bitch all you want about it, but it doesn't change the fact that you cannot often predict what the market is gonna be like. Every step is a risk, every move a gamble. I know you see the flaws in the system, and you call as you see it, and I commend you for it. Feel free to continue to fix whatever it is you think needs to be fixed, and I may very well be inclined to agree with you. But since it seems to be working out well for me, I won't complain.

I understand your point of view. I understand this is what you want to make a living at, fine. But just realize this particular brand of video work is new and flawed, two things that seem to go hand in hand sometimes. But despite the fact the flaws need to be fixed, the real kicker comes back to the fact that people change their minds. Companies, advertisers, sponsors, they all have the ability and capability to change their minds, even if they say the whole time they want something else. All the whining, and yes it is whining, is really due to the fact that you're looking for permanent employment and job security in a system that is only looking for hired guns to enter rogue unpredictable situations.

I recognize that I am a hired gun, and I may very well not make it out alive once the gun play is over. It's a risk everytime because there is no garuntee that you may create something that'll actually win you a prize. I know this wholeheartedly. So I create it, submit it, and try my best to forget about it. It would be a mistake to rely on it, to stake you're life on it, because in the end it's still a contest, and there has to be winners and losers. I know I may very well lose, but it's till worth it if you enjoy the process of creating it. And that's all I can do, make it, enjoy making it, and let it go. The rest is up to the powers that be.

Never Put All Your Eggs In One Basket - Or All Of Your Coins On One Game.

1 comment:

  1. amen... think positive have fun and let everything fall into place

    ReplyDelete

.