Sunday, May 30, 2010

In Your Own Hands

Like most of my blog posts, this is an affirmation. A reminder.

This situation, like most situations in my life, is indeed in my own hands.

I'm not sure if we're going to reach our target goal on Kickstarter. It's about 13 days left, and we're only up to $575. Am I angry? Nope. Am I worried? A little. But I know it'll be ok. Maybe we won't be able to make as many episodes as I was hoping, but I'm going to put out a DVD this fall for Monster Cops and I'll probably do it the way I've always done it. On my own, with no money, and plenty of creativity and drive.

I'll figure out a way to make it happen. Maybe it won't happen the way I was hoping, but I'll make something happen. I'm encouraged by the support I've been getting. The messages, the emails, the good reviews. Thank you all so much for that. And thank you to all of our pledgers so far.





I know the days aren't up yet, but I need to make plans just in case it all falls through. Even if Kickstarter fails, we still have other options that we are pursuing, but even if all those become exhausted, I'll figure out a way to get the money.

And again, even if I don't, I'll figure it out. It is, after all, in my own hands.

No fate but what we make right?

Oh, Andy loved geology. I imagine it appealed to his meticulous nature. An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big goddamn poster.

- Red, "The Shawshank Redemption"

No comments:

Post a Comment

.