Friday, April 30, 2010

Thanksgiving In Spring

I'm in it right now. Editing, re-writes, updating websites, re-tooling the business plan, talking to investors. I've got my computer back and I feel like I'm back in the swing of things, ready to really hit Monster Cops as hard as I can. Finishing up this episode, prepping for the next one.

But as I'm in the middle of working. I need to stop for a minute. Really take stock of what it is I'm thankful for. I was without my computer for a week, and I felt so frustrated not having this very important tool in my moviemaking arsenal. Now that I have it back I realize how thankful I am for it, and remember a time when I was younger and had nothing but a desire to make movies, with no resources to help me get there.

As much as I like to complain about what I don't have (we all do it), it's important to really look and appreciate what you do have. I'm in such a better position now than I was years ago. Yes, I want the latest equipment to help make better quality stuff, but at least I've got the tools to make something decent now.

But I have to look beyond that. Before I jump back into the grind, and pump out as best an episode as I can, I have to look beyond the pursuit of my dreams, and really see what else I'm TRULY thankful for.

I'm thankful for my health, the fact that I'm breathing and I have all my limbs, and a functioning brain (sometimes). I'm thankful for a roof over my head, food on my table, and that I live in the land of the free, where, despite whatever supposed blocks I may encounter, I am absolutely free to pursue my dreams. I'm thankful for my amazing wife, Julianna. For the times we share, the adventures we have together, and the love that I have found with her. I'm thankful for such supportive friends, both online and off. There are people who believe in me so much and do things to support me, and I am ever grateful for them, and promise never to let them down and do what I can to return the favor. I'm thankful for my supportive, caring, and loving family. I'm thankful for my community, for my very existence, and the fact that I am blessed to witness so much greatness and beauty, and for the opportunity to use my talents to add my own creativity to that greatness.

I mean, why wait til Thanksgiving to take stock of what you are thankful for. I think it's important to stop for a minute, and appreciate what you have, appreciate that you're living, and appreciate the opportunities that are given to you. It's easy to look at what you don't have. It's easy to look at what more you could have. But life isn't about easy. It's about living and really experiencing the true nature of your own existence.

To do that, to really live, you don't need anything else but what you already have. Your heart, your mind, your soul, and the very breath in your lungs. With that, you can do anything.





No comments:

Post a Comment

.