Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Estelle Getty

I'm a huge, HUGE, Golden Girls fan. I think it's jut great comedy writing, and great performances from a great cast. So it saddens me to hear that Estelle Getty has passed away. And now I go to buy the Golden Girls boxset.




Emmy winner beloved for 'Golden Girls' role

Out of a great cast of females it's hard to pick out the funniest one. But Sophia certainly had some great lines.

Sophia: When I feel bad, I have to take my mind off it. There's only one thing that does that to me.
Dorothy: Cooking a big meal...
Sophia: No, making love in a closet.

Rose [entering cheerfully]: Sooo, who's the luckiest girl in the history of the world!
Sophia: Well, it wasn't your mother.

Sophia: Blanche, a terrible thing has happened to you. But when life does something like this, there are a couple of things you got to remember. You got your health, right?
Blanche: Yeah.
Sophia: You can still walk, can't you?
Blanche: That's true.
Sophia: Great, go get me a glass of water.


Sophia [about her late husband Sal]: May he rest in peace till I get there.


Find more great quotes from the Golden Girls here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.