Sunday, August 12, 2007

recognize the moment

It's a good feeling to hear a crowd singing in unison together a song they all love so much. It's even better when you're a part of that crowd.

It's a good feeling to laugh all night long with someone you're madly in love with.

It's a good feeling to see something live for the first time that you'd only seen in pictures, read in a book, seen on TV, or even just told about.

It's a good feeling to say that you can make a living doing something you love.

It's a good feeling solving that puzzle, finding the answer, and resolving that mystery.

It's a good feeling to be able to really recognize those moments when you are truely alive.

I'm not quite at all my goals just yet, but I can say that I've felt these good feelings, these amazing feelings, and it's been overwhelming. As rough as it's been, this adventure has been an amazing one, and I'm fairly certain that it's far from over. I just wanted to post this here and now as a bookmark to remind me of this night and the many other nights of revelation that make me appreciate those amazing moments that have passed, and the ones that are sure to come.


Dana: I-I went to a show.

Casey: Please tell me you have Milk Duds in your purse.

Dana: Don't you want to hear what happened to me?

Casey: Not unless you held up a deli during intermission.

Dana: I believe in the power of the theatre.

Casey: Well, that's good. I believe in the power of a roast beef sandwich, so I really don't have time to talk. (starts to walk off)

Dana: Casey. (he turns back) It was really quite something. The music began and I just started to cry. I don't know where it came from. It was like... church. I didn't know we could do that. Did you know we could do that?

Casey: (with a gentle smile) Well, when I forget, something usually reminds me.

Dana: (as he walks away) I didn't know we could do that.

SPORTS NIGHT
Season 1 Episode 9 "The Quality Of Mercy at 29k"
Dana recognizes a moment. As does Dan. Great episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.