Sunday, September 23, 2012

Better

bet·ter 
adj. Comparative of good.
1. Greater in excellence or higher in quality.
2. More useful, suitable, or desirable: found a better way to go; a suit with a better fit than that one.
3. More highly skilled or adept: I am better at math than English.
4. Greater or larger: argued for the better part of an hour.
5. More advantageous or favorable; improved: a better chance of success.
6. Healthier or more fit than before: The patient is better today.


I've been fast tracked through a course in confidence, emotional maturity, time management, and creative thinking.  My eyes have been opened to new possibilities.

Because of the events of the past week I can say things are better in certain aspects of my life. But now I'm starting to see how other parts of my existence and especially my creative endeavors can greatly improve.

It has to happen every so often. You realize after seeing something fall a part how you can put it all back together and in even better shape. This becomes even more obvious when other people don't see what you see.

I made something and now that I look at it I'm seeing how awful it is. Well, not awful, but satisfactory. And for me satisfactory is awful. I don't want to create on a level that is just plain, acceptable, or average. I want to and can do better.

I'm sick of average. And so I go to work on greater things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

.