Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spine Tingler

If ever I had to list my top 10 moviemaking influences. William Castle would be on this list.

Since I learned about him when I was in junior high, I've been obsessed with his showmanship for the cinema. Sure his movies may borderline the cheesy, but it was his flair for the theatrical and his passion for engaging the audience that was so amazing to me. Between him and Hitchcock, I would not only become obsessed with moviemaking, but movie promoting and marketing as well.

I just recently found out there was a documentary about him that's been out for a few years now. Can't believe I haven't seen it yet. Here's the trailer.








His approach to marketing and showmanship was always one I was inspired by. And it's something many movie makers will probably need to return to. Get back to a level where you engage the audience directly. He and Hitchcock stuck to the rule I've been talking about for a while now.

Make more than just a movie. Create an event.




No comments:

Post a Comment

.