Friday, December 7, 2007

Motion Tracking Research

One thing I know I need to work on in doing much of the effects for Monster Cops is the Motion Tracking.

What is motion tracking?Motion tracking is also known as Match moving. Here's Wikipedia's Definition.

In cinematography, match moving is a special effects technology to allow the insertion of virtual objects into real footage with the correct position, scale, orientation and motion in relation to the photographed objects in the scene. The term is used loosely to refer to several different ways of extracting motion information from a motion picture, particularly camera movement. Match moving is related to rotoscoping and photogrammetry. It is sometimes referred to as motion tracking.

Some of the more popular programs being used for Motion Tracking are:
3DEqualizer
Voodoo Camera Tracker
Maya
RealViz MatchMover
Icarus (I hear it's discontinued, but still floating around out there)
After Effects

After Effects seems to be fairly popular, and is what I will be using the most for specific effects. Here are just a few videos from YouTube on the subject of Motion Tracking mainly with After Effects.

EDIT: Instead of posting every video, I've compiled them into one vodpod. Click on a thumbnail to view a vid. So much more convenient.


get your vodpod

I'll update more info as I come across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.