Thursday, April 5, 2007

Bob Clark

He probably won't be remembered as the greatest director ever. And most may not even know who he is. But to me, he was someone that influenced my love for the movies. His movies definitely influenced the way I look at movies. For sure he contributed to most of our enjoyment of Christmas.

Bob Clark, director of such bombs as Rhinestone, such mediocre fare as Baby Geniuses, and such classics (classics to me anyways) as Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, the original Black Christmas, Porky's, Turk 182, and A Christmas Story, He died this past Wednesday.

The Los Angeles Times reports that director Bob Clark and his 22-year-old son Ariel were killed Wednesday in an early morning collision along a stretch of Pacific Coast Highway in Pacific Palisades.

Mr. Clark I'm so sorry for you and your son. I'm sorry for your family. I'm sorry I never got to tell you what an inspiration Turk 182 was to me. Thank you for your work dear sir. I really appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.